"Then, Brutus, I have much mistook your passion;
By means whereof this breast of mine hath buried
Thoughts of great value, worthy cogitations.
Tell me, good Brutus, can you see your face?"

Julius Caesar – Act 1, Scene 2. Lines: 53-56

Friday, January 11, 2008

that's how you know...

So I dreamed that I was Giselle in "Enchanted". But not the movie. Just in like, existence.  I did have to sing and act out "That's How You Know" in Central Park... which was kind of awesome. The animals followed me. The colors were pretty. I looked good in that dress. I couldn't find Patrick Dempsey though.

Then something happened and later I became Brutus in Julius Caesar, but also in existence. I was still wearing my Giselle costume. Which wasn't surprising (my friends and I have this idea thing about Caesar being about bitchy girls instead of toga wearing politicians). But I found it difficult to switch from being obnoxious Giselle to being Brutus. Then Cassius (played in my dream by John Gielgud, sorry, Emily) took me to this hot spring nearby and this Cirque du Soleil type woman dressed half like a sea anemone half like a unicorn had fallen in and was drifting about the hot water on her back. Cassius drew a sword and went after her, and I watched as he tortured her, questioned her, and ultimately cut her horn off. I saw instantly it was fake, but the first thing I thought was how unjust it was to remove a unicorn's horn especially in this manner with no apparent motivations. A very Brutus thought. But then I saw it was fake and it mattered less. I think she drowned in the water. In any case, we left her and Cassius was wild and angry with the world and lectured me on Caesar's egotism.

Eventually I woke up. And now I'm still sick. It sucks. Last day in Milwaukee, y'all! Back to Chicago tomorrow!

No comments: