"Then, Brutus, I have much mistook your passion;
By means whereof this breast of mine hath buried
Thoughts of great value, worthy cogitations.
Tell me, good Brutus, can you see your face?"

Julius Caesar – Act 1, Scene 2. Lines: 53-56

Friday, July 16, 2010

FRIDAY NIGHT HAIKU SPECIAL

"Taya."

Metal angel wings
Strange sun glints on steel and wire
Icarus in flight.

(for Dru Pagliassoti's "Clockwork Heart," my current steampunk read)


"Night and Day."

Swimming in stardust
Constellation night-diving
Gears of a clock turn;

My dreams are clouded
But there are visions of a
Future-past lifetime;

In the daylight hours,
I long to wear my tiny
Hat and watch the skies.


ALSO bonus link: The DivineIguana on Etsy has some PHENOMENAL jewelry. I saw some of it in person at a local arts fest.... this is the classy, modern, real-deal stuff, guys. Legit. I'm in talks to order a piece from her right now. :3

2 comments:

vvb32 reads said...

i love this! thanks for the haiku ;-D

Leanne of Folk said...

love a good haiku!! very nicely done. also, thanks for sharing a cool etsy shop! i want to read your book review when i get the time. i haven't really read any steampunk literature but think i would like it!