"Then, Brutus, I have much mistook your passion;
By means whereof this breast of mine hath buried
Thoughts of great value, worthy cogitations.
Tell me, good Brutus, can you see your face?"

Julius Caesar – Act 1, Scene 2. Lines: 53-56

Monday, February 25, 2008

run, rabbit, run...

Lots of Maroon 5, Kanye, Wolfmother, Psapp, Cake, The Killers, Fall Out Boy, and Sara Bareilles (sometimes angry but all very upbeat power songs) followed by the entirety of Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" (duh) has me in an utterly calm meditative state, and has put me out of mind of a long, overbearing, personally difficult day. I am fine, things will be fine, and tomorrow I will have the energy to make it all happen. I think. I hope.

Drawing helps too. Meghan made me draw red apples without using red at all. I liked that. They look pretty good too.

Part of me wants to write. Part of me is too tired to get involved on focusing on something like that. Part of me wants to go back to the pirates and make some progress while I've got time. Part of me wants to work the new adventure fairy tale I'm writing. Part of me knows I have a dramaturgical paper due Thursday on "The Glass Menagerie". Most of me has no desire to work on the last one. Decision? No writing. More mindless relaxation. At least for now.

There are a few cookies left in the kitchen. It's snowing like a mofo and I hate it. A lot. So much. 

I am such a goddamn Pisces.

Maybe I should read for a while. But that requires focus, too. Less than if I'm writing, but more than if I'm pushing paint or smearing charcoal. Painting sounds good except for the setup and cleanup. Too time consuming. Not easy enough. Three minutes left on Pink Floyd. Maybe by then I'll want to do something else. Watch a movie? Mmnhh. Focus. Mindlessness is ideal. 

Solution? Lie on the floor until Meghan makes me get up again. Peace.

No comments: