Today, my mom decided that she is taking myself and my younger brother to Disney World. The trip is January 28-31 and we are so damn excited. We have been several times in the past, but this trip has been much-anticipated and much-talked-about... If my brother could live inside one ride, it would be the Haunted Mansion -- he is Jack Skellington. I would live inside Pirates of the Caribbean forever if I could -- the detail, the music, the half-heard dialogue, the props... my mind is bubbling with memories and I can't wait to be there again.
Today, I bought a really gorgeous Marc by Marc Jacobs purse at my place of employment (a fabulous resale shop). I am in love with it. I am very excited about it. Here's what it looks like. Ob-sess'd.
Today, I got asked to do some more writing for YKYLF in the department of Vampire Diaries -- I said yes, I'd love to. I need to catch up on the whole show by the 31st. But the more writing the better.
Today, I also got asked by a playwright whom I have recently become better acquainted with to co-write a stage adaptation of a very famous noir/crime drama book/film.... and subsequently to act in it once we've written it. It is an enormous undertaking. But something about how huge and intense and unknown the proposal is strikes me as absolutely aggressively attractive. So I said yes.
Tomorrow, I have things to read, things to write, things to research. Tomorrow, I have things to make, things to finish, things to clean. Tomorrow, I have dreams to become. And the day after that, and the day after that... until I am all the dreams I ever dreamt. It started off as just an internet handle: dreamstobecome. But it has become a very personal mantra, and a completely honest summation of my life goal, my purpose, my direction. I am becoming my dreams because it is most certainly the thing I was born to do. We should all be so attentive to ourselves, I think, as to identify our dreams and become them, to make them our reality. It's just how I feel. I'm certainly not trying to be pretentious; I wanted to explain the moniker, explain why I use it here and on Twitter and email. As they say in Rocky Horror: "Don't dream it, be it." I say, Dream it First, Become it Over Time.
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment