Kay.
I'm back in Chicago. And I live in an apartment. And it's amazing. And I love living in it. And I'm still sort of shellshocked daily by the fact that I live in an apartment and I'm a real human being now as a result. Sort of. I am crestfallen with the realization that there will be no money on my school id card to swipe and buy food with on a regular basis... I will have to befriend underclassmen speedily to take care of my snacking and lunchtime needs. It's not worth it to walk all the way home and then back to campus. Not to mention I won't have time. But I'm going to have to figure something out and SOON if I'm going to stay fed this year. Like seriously. Unacceptable.
I am assistant directing "Intimate Apparel" by Lynn Nottage on the mainstage. Under Jonathan. I love Jonathan. He's terrifying and wonderful. And I am going to learn so much by being on the other side of the table for once in the rehearsal hall. It's exciting.
Auditions are next week Wednesday and the following Tuesday, I think. Eff. Got to memorize the monologue before I can audition. Eff.
In reading a shitton of plays before school starts... I have found that I really like Edward Albee. And also I like Bertolt Brecht a little more than I used to, which initially wasn't very much at all, so that's good.
They pushed back the date of the Harry Potter movie. WHAT.
Bernie Mac died. Really sad. Isaac Hayes died. Also very sad. Morgan Freeman ALMOST died and is divorcing his wife. Holy crap.
I still like "Legally Blonde" the musical. It makes me want to hit myself. But I love it.
I miss the summer things from this year: Jekyll & Hyde, Too Many Sopranos, hanging out with Molly, sitting on Emily, playing Guitar Hero, directing little kids, etc. It was actually a really really really really excellent summer. Thanks everyone who was there. :)
I hope it turns out to be a really really really excellent school year. :\
No comments:
Post a Comment